Title

Our Love Filled Life

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Blueberry Banana Orange Muffins


I love taking care of my family ~ Plain and simple ~ It's so satisfying and fullfilling to me to be a Housewife & Mother and I'm so happy and thankful to have that role in our house. Of course it comes with a good mix of hard and easy times like any career in this life, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! 

I'm gonna go back in time here for a moment to when I was in elementary school. I was never a child that enjoyed going to school. I'd watch the clock the entire day and couldn't wait until 3pm. Finally when that bell would ring, I'd quickly gather my stuff and I was out of there! I'd meet my siblings at the front of the school, and we would walk that long walk down McConnell road that always seemed to take forever! Crossed the busy streets - ok we could finally see the sign for our street - wayyy down at the end of the street was our little blue house - Ok, almost there!!! ... walk up the steps and through the door...and there mom would be. Standing there in her cute blue and white checkered apron with a big smile on her face - asking us how school went and helping us take off our heavy backpacks. Of course it was pretty obvious by the smell in the house that mom had been baking something yummy just minutes before we arrived. There were always fresh muffins on the countertop, cookies on the cooling rack, or a delicious dinner sizzling away in the oven. When you're 8 years old and had almost an hour walk home from school - Mom was the hero at that point!


When I look back now and remember those times, I think about how much I love and cherish those special memories. I want to be my mom. I want to give my children the same special times and teachings that she gave us growing up.

 I know my son is only 14 months old right now - but I can't help but think already about what it'll be like when he starts school. How I want to be there for him when he comes home, and to see his face light up because I made a batch of fresh muffins, cookies, or something else a child would go crazy for. This is something I'll look forward to. Although I don't want to think about him being that age just yet. I am enjoying each day that passes with my family - and making things that they love to eat is what I'll continue doing.

So with that said -- I have another new recipe! 
A recipe I've been meaning to share with you for awhile now, but then life got in the way and the time has flown by at it's usual fast pace once again. 

Silly time. 

Well, I'm happy to be able to finally share it with you.

Landon is all smiles about these Blueberry Banana Orange Muffins! He thought they were pretty delicious!

Ingredients:

6 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
¾ of a cup of Sugar
2 Eggs
½ Cup of Sour Cream
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
½ tsp of Fresh Grated Orange Zest
1 ¼ cup of Flour
1 cup of Fresh Blueberries
2 Ripe Bananas

**Just one note about this recipe. These muffins turned out really fluffy and moist. If you like them that way (like we do) then follow the ingredients exactly. If you'd rather more of a thicker cake-like consistency - then just don't add the sour cream. Either way they will taste delicious! **


1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners and set aside. In a large bowl, mash bananas. 


2) Add the butter and sugar and mix togther. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream and orange zest, whisk until the mixture is creamy and thick.





3) In a small bowl, toss together the blueberries with about 2 tbsp of flour. Set aside.


4) Add the remaining flour to the butter mixture and just mix until the flour is mixed through but don’t over mix.


5) Using a spatula, fold in the blueberries making sure not to burst them.




6) Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop even amounts in your prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.







I absolutely love this combination of fruit flavors together! I'll definitely be making these again!
Have a great weekend everyone!!! 



1 comment: