Title

Our Love Filled Life

Friday, December 7, 2012

Reese's Cup Chocolate Chip Cookies


I feel like it's been forever since my last post - even though it's only been a couple of weeks! Life has been pretty crazy around here but I'm loving every minute of being a mom:) I made these cookies the other day and I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of sad when the last one got eaten - so I guess I'll have to make more soon! They were absolutely AMAZING!!!! They are chocolaty, peanut buttery, and all around delightful! They're a tender cookie (not crunchy and definitely not cakey), and when you bite into one...you'll most certainly discover the surprise of the reeses peanut butter cup nestled inside.

WARNING : THESE COOKIES ARE EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE! 

Well, you have to like reeses of course. Since I've known my husband he's always made it very clear that he's not a big fan of peanut butter. He seriously couldn't believe that I eat peanut butter on my pancakes! That was just something so wrong for him! Haha. So I'm planning to make him some German christmas cookies to make up for him not being able to eat any from this batch;) 

So all of you reeses lovers out there - You should definitely give these a try! Here is everything you'll need to get started:


2 1/4 cups of flour
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of baking soda
1/8 tsp of cinnamon
2 eggs
1 tsp of vanilla
1 cup of unsalted room temperature butter
3/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of brown sugar
2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips


1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Combine the first 4 ingredients together and set aside. 



2. In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and both sugars



3. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix together until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is mixed well. 



4. Add the dry ingredients and mix just to combine. Add the chocolate chips and mix just to distribute them throughout the batter. 



5. Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the cookie dough 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden brown around the edges. 



6. Cool for 5 minutes or just until you can pick them up without them breaking. Place 1 reeses peanut butter cup into the center and then top with another chocolate chip cookie. 






And Enjoy! 



I hope you like milk...you'll need quite a few chugs of it to wash down all of this decadence! :)

Happy Baking Everyone! Thanks for reading!




1 comment:

  1. Oh, these were very good, again my favourite Peanut Butter & Chocolate

    ReplyDelete