Title

Our Love Filled Life

Thursday, December 13, 2012

No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake


We recently started a game night with my family from Kitchener one day a week and it's becoming something that we look forward to so much! Since we don't know very many people in this area and we are at home most evenings now since Landon was born - it's definitely the highlight of our week and we count down the days till the next one!

I usually try to put together something tasty to snack on while we have all the board games out - and this week I ended up making this No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake. In my opinion, anything with the word Nutella in it is bound to be Amazing! Well this cheesecake was exactly that - and more! It's so easy to put together and the best part is you don't even have to preheat your oven. I'm being totally honest when I say anyone, and I mean anyone, can make this cake. One thing that I noticed with the first forkful of this cake was that it's incredibly rich. Really, REALLY rich. It's so fluffy, smooth, and each bite literally melts in your mouth. Can you believe I was able to restrain myself to only eating a 1/2 slice lastnight??? I know! I was so proud! Haha.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before already but these next few months I am going to try to lose some of this remaining baby weight. So I wanted to make myself a delicious decadent treat to "go out with a bang." And obviously this was a good choice. Yes - it has been 7 months already since I had my son and I still have not completely lost all of the baby weight...Shame on me! But I am now finally taking control and this mama is not messing around anymore! Goodbye full slices of delicious cake. Farewell ooey gooey chocolate chip cookies. It's time to bring out the rice cakes and low fat yogurt for awhile;) Haha. This is going to be a challenge - especially considering our goodies drawer has just been stocked up with some of my favorite sweet treats from Germany. But I can do it - Wish me luck!

So I'll be leaving you with this delicious Nutella Cheesecake recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Just make sure you have a full slice for me! :) 

Here is everything you'll need:


Crust:
1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp of Nutella
1/4 cup of sugar
6 Tbsp of melted butter

Filling:
2 8 oz blocks of cream cheese (room temperature)
1 cup of icing sugar
1 1/2 cups of Nutella
1/2 tsp of vanilla
1/4 cup of Heavy cream

Topping:
1/2 cup of Heavy cream
4 oz of semisweet chocolate chips


1. Mix together all of the ingredients for the crust until you have the consistency of wet sand.




2. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9" springform pan, set it in the fridge. 




3. In a bowl mix the cream cheese and Nutella together on medium speed for about 2 minutes. 



4. Add the remaining ingredients and keep mixing it for a minute or 2 until you have a smooth batter. 



5. Pour the batter onto the prepared crust. Cover the top of the pan with tin foil and put it in the fridge overnight to set.



6. About an hour before you are ready to serve it - make the ganache. In a small saucepan, add the cream and bring it to a simmer.



7. Pour the cream into a bowl with the chocolate chips and let it sit for about 3 minutes. 


8. Whisk it all together until the chocolate chips have melted. Pour the ganache over the top of your cheesecake and put it back in the fridge for 1 hour to set completely.



Top with some chopped roasted hazelnuts and enjoy!





Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks so much for reading!












No comments:

Post a Comment