Title

Our Love Filled Life

Monday, October 15, 2012

Pudding Cookies


When I was a little girl my parents would always call me their Cookie Monster! My mom would put a tray full in the oven and I would sit on the floor staring through the oven door window and watch them bake - patiently waiting for that timer to go off. Once they were done I would always snatch a few off the cooling rack when they were still warm and gooey when my mom wasn't looking.

My all time favorite cookies are M&M hands down - but another favorite next in line for me (which I'm sure most of you would agree) are chocolate chip. When I think about a chocolate chip cookie I have 2 very important requirements at the top of my checklist. They need to be soft and chewy! I've heard about pudding cookies a few times before so I thought I'd give them a try to see what all the fuss was about...well I figured it out! They are super moist, chewy, and full of flavor! Who would of thought that putting a package of pudding mix into your cookie dough could totally change the flavor of a regular chocolate chip cookie?! For me there is nothing worse than a crunchy, dense, heavy cookie - so if you're the same way than you should definitely give these a try. I declare these as one of my favorites! I have no idea why these cookies didn't flatten like most do...I followed the recipe exactly, my butter was room temperature, and I didn't over mix them...but oh well they are still delicious! :)

 I hope that you have a fabulous week and if you feel like baking some cookies - this recipe is awesome! But don't just take my word for it...see ( or should I say taste) for yourself! Here is everything you'll need:


Ingredients

1 1/2 sticks (or 3/4 cup) of butter
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of sugar
1 pkg of vanilla pudding
2 eggs
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of baking soda
2-1/4 cups of flour
1-2 cups of chocolate chips (or whatever add in you would like)


1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Stir together the flour and the baking soda and set aside. 



2. In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and both sugars. Add the pudding package and mix it in until well combined. 




3. Add eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated. Add chocolate chips or whatever add-in you chose. Roll into balls and and place onto a baking sheet. 






4. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes. Let cool. 





 Baking makes memories! 















2 comments: