Title

Our Love Filled Life

Friday, October 19, 2012

Fudge Brownies


We had 2 very special people arrive at our home on Wednesday! We knew that Ben's brother Stephan would be coming...but we were shocked to find out that his other brother David surprised us and came along too! Yesterday I wanted to put together something sweet for them to enjoy while they were here - so I got out my baking pans and made some M&M cookies and Fudge Brownies. 


I've made M&M cookies in the past but this was the first time I've tried this Fudge Brownie recipe - and they turned out Amazing! I don't know about you but I can be quite particular with how a brownie should be - It needs to have the right texture, but more importantly the right chocolate taste. Well these are rich, creamy, and pure decadence! The dark chocolate really gives them an intense flavor and each bite literally melts in your mouth. Brownies are definitely one of my top 10 favorite comfort foods of all time - when I decide that I want a brownie...I want it exactly then! We all need a little chocolate therapy now and again, so I invite you to try this recipe out! They are so simple to make - here is everything you'll need to get started:


Ingredients:

5 ounces of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
7 ounces of Dark chocolate, melted
1 cup of sugar
2 tsp of vanilla
1/4 tsp of salt
1 Tbsp of Cocoa powder
2 large eggs
2/3 cup of all purpose flour


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 by 8 inch square pan with non-stick cooking spray and lay the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside. 



2. Melt the dark chocolate in a double broiler - or just do what I did and place a bowl on top of the pot. 



3. In a large bowl whisk together the sugar and butter until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until everything is well combined. 





4. Add the melted chocolate and whisk, add dry ingredients and mix everything together until it's well incorporated but don't over mix. 





5. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs but not wet batter.

**I cooked mine for exactly 40 minutes and they turned out perfect!**



6. Cook for about 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.



Then it's just cut and serve! 






In the words of my brother-in-law - "Mmm...Wow, they are so good! They are so creamy and taste like pure chocolate!" 

Happy Friday everyone!













1 comment: