Title

Our Love Filled Life

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Apple Cheesecake


Awhile back I shared a recipe with you all for Almond Cream Cake (Frankfurter Kranz.) That recipe was from Ben's Aunt Gisela who is a phenomenal cook and extraordinary baker! This is one of the recipes that she gave me as well - everytime I make it I have tons of people asking for this recipe! It's so simple and easy to make so its always been my go-to cake when I have company coming over!


1. Because I always have these ingredients in my house so it saves me a trip to the grocery store.
2. It looks like something that took me awhile to put together but really it took no time at all. 
& 3. It is soooo delicious! 

When my husband says "APPROVED!" with a big smile on his face...then it has to be good! ;)

If you'd like to get in your kitchen and whip one of these together to enjoy - Here is everything you'll need :

1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup of melted butter
18 oz of cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp of vanilla
3 cups of apples
1/2 cup of sugar
1 Tsp of cinnamon


1. Mix flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, and melted butter and press into a crust in a greased pan.


2. Beat cream cheese, 1/3 cup of sugar, eggs and vanilla until well blended. (Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature or it won't mix well.)




3. Pour mixture onto the crust and spread evenly.



4. Peel, core, and slice 3 cups of apples. Mix them with 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon.


5. Spread the apples on top of the cream cheese. Sprinkle with almonds on top. (optional)



6. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Let cool completely and enjoy! :) 








**Serve with a small dollop of whipped cream. This makes the cake just that much better!**



Hope you enjoy this amazing Apple Cheesecake! 














1 comment: