Title

Our Love Filled Life

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Marshmallow Muffins


One of the things I am enjoying so much about being on Maternity leave is all of this FREE TIME! This is a whole new world for me and I am loving every minute of it before my little guy comes. I know when I first started this blog I mentioned that I would be making atleast 1 recipe a week - Well I've noticed I haven't really kept my word with that challenge so I'm going to try to make sure I remind myself of it more often and use some of this free time of mine wisely. If I happen to miss a few weeks then I'll make it my goal to add more than one recipe the next week so it makes up for the time I've missed;) So lets see if I can stick with it this time!

This recipe book if one of my favorites and I think you might be able to guess why...



I am a chocoholic people! So when my dad came across this book at a yard sale last summer he didn't hesitate to scoop it up. I absolutely love the cd that came with it and its become a routine of mine to play it while I'm baking:) 


Oh and the table of contents inside the front cover always makes me grin when I read these categories...

Chocolate Heaven
Baked to Perfection
Crumbly cookies & Heavenly bites
Cool Chocolate
Tasty little treats
& Luxury drinks


Really? Where on earth do you begin!!!??? I had no idea what to start with because everything looked sooo good I couldn't decide. So as I was searching through each page trying to choose...I suddenly felt a presence behind me - "Whatcha doin' hun? Gonna be baking something tomorrow?" Yup it was my sweet toothed hubby wanting to get in on this very important decision of what dessert to make. We narrowed it down to 4 recipes...then 3...2...and then finally we decided. Of course I still have an extremely large list of savory sweet  dessert recipes I will be making from this book - but this one will be the start of that long list. 




I'm happy I will be visiting my parents this week so I can show up with some of these tasty treats because...well lets face it... I can't say I would be able to have a dozen of these sitting on my kitchen counter and not eat atleast  1 or 2 a day - So I think this would be a nice way to show some sweet daughterly love...as well as saving myself from gaining atleast 10 lbs this week! Good plan? So if you would like to indulge in some chocolate marshmallowy goodness this week - (not sure if that's actually a word but oh well...) than just search your cupboards for these ingredients and get started! 



Marshmallow Muffins

Ingredients:
5 tbsp unsalted butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
3 tbsp baking powder
6 tbsp superfine sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup mini marshmallows (you can use multi coloured as well or just regular)
1 large egg, beaten
1 1/4 cups milk

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.


2. Then melt the butter in a saucepan on medium heat.




3. Mix flour, cocoa, and baking powder together in a large bowl. 



4. Stir in the sugar, chocolate chips, and marshmallows until thoroughly mixed. 





5. Whisk the egg, milk, and melted butter together in a separate bowl, than gently stir into the flour mixture to form a stiff batter. Divide the batter evenly among the paper liners. 






6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until well risen. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then place on a cooling rack and let cool completely. Makes 12 Muffins.





So make sure to stock up on cocoa because there will be alot more of these sensational chocolate recipes coming your way soon! Thanks for reading!




2 comments:

  1. Wow, they look Yummy, little Landon is going to love his mummies treats. When he can eat them that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried them now and they are wonderful. Loads of chocolate favour.

    ReplyDelete