Title

Our Love Filled Life

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chocolate Chip Loaf

Waking up in the morning and realizing that its your day off from work and the sun is up before you are is an amazing way to start my Thursday!

I got the feeling the second I crawled out of bed at 9:30 that it would be a lazy day today. Well I like to call it "take care of myself day" because that sounds a lot nicer...I will admit that its actually just laziness though. But after staring out my front window I don't feel guilty at all for telling myself Thursday, February 2nd is pajama day! Snuggling up in flannel just sounded so much more tempting to me than walking outside in the bitter cold I guess. On any other day off I would normally feel really guilty about lounging around because I would usually have an appointment scheduled or housework to catch up on...but today my calendar and my laundry basket are completely empty! So why not take advantage of that right?


This relaxing day wouldn't be complete to me without preheating my oven and finding something easy and yummy to bake today! Since I'm not in the "going out anywhere" mood that would mean I'd have to find a recipe that is so easy that I will already have every ingredient in my cupboards...Sounds pretty unlikely doesn't it? Well after looking through my recipe box I was able to find one so simple that I'm able to do just that!

I've made a memo in my head that everytime chocolate chips, flour, or brown sugar are on sale at the grocery store that I'm to put them in my cart...and I'm so happy that I've been doing that because it makes days like today when I'm trying to find something simple to bake quite easy for me:) So try to remember to walk through the baking aisle next time you are doing your groceries and see what you can pick up...you won't regret it later!




What you'll need to get started:



2 cups of flour
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup of shortening
1 cup of milk
1 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips



1. Grease and flour a 9/5 inch loaf pan



2. Measure flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, shortening, and milk into a bowl. Add eggs, chocolate chips, and vanilla. 


3.Beat 1/2 a minute on low speed then beat on high speed for 3 minutes. 




4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Cool cake for about 10 minutes then remove from pan. Cool completely and enjoy with a thick smear of butter! or even better...peanut butter! Mmm! 





This recipe is perfect when your wanting a little something sweet to go with your tea or for an after dinner treat. You could even bring one to a neighbor next door or give one to a friend to enjoy as well...I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking it off your hands! Happy Pajama day everyone!









5 comments:

  1. YUM!! And all the more reason to wish we were neighbours haha! I'd love for you to bring one to me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Anna:) It was so funny I saw that I had a comment and I was Wonderstruck! lol. I had to get Ben to show me how this worked haha! Wow I can't even imagine how great it would be to live close to you guys...let alone be neighbours! That would be so amazingly awesome! Oh I would definitely bring you one! But on one condition...there are some red velvet cupcakes waiting when I get there;) lol.

      Delete
  2. So excited to see that you're blogging!! I hope you do MUCH better at keeping it going than I do! I can't wait to read more!! We need to get together again sometime soon! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie! Oh trust me I still don't have too much faith in myself to do well with this;) But I figured it was worth a shot:) I'm having tons of fun with it so far but I don't know if this will be so good for my waist line! lol. Ben will just have to take lots of goodies to work with him to give away I think;) Yes we need to get together again soon its been way too long!

    ReplyDelete