Title

Our Love Filled Life

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pudding Dessert

Hello again all!

I wasn't sure if I was going to put this so called "recipe" in here but I'm hoping that some of you might benefit from it like I have tonight! So here is my little last minute potluck dessert explanation...

I would generally consider myself a pretty organised person. I like to have meals planned out, be on time for appointments, and have everything in its proper place at home...which I'm sure most ladies (and possibly few gents) like to be too, right? Well unfortunately this just isn't reality for me some weeks...and I need to remember to tell myself its okay and that's life sometimes:) 

My house can't always look like an Ikea magazine and I won't always have stuff planned out for dinner each night. Or in my case...the potluck in Markham tomorrow! I've known about this potluck for weeks and I was already thinking yesterday about what I should make for it. I still couldn't decide yesterday so my master plan was to find something on Saturday morning, write out my grocery list, and head out to the store in search of all my ingredients...well that never happened. I was so preoccupied with my ultrasound this morning, and visiting Ben's Aunt and Uncle in Guelph, that the dessert didn't even cross my mind today.

I'll confess I've never actually been that great at preparing for potlucks or "my turn for snack on Sundays" because I always end up waiting till the last minute with it. Of course in my mind I'm the only person that has this flaw...haha. But I'm hoping that if there is anyone out there like me that needs something quick and easy to make the night before, or even the morning of... (which...ahem.. I've done several times) then this will hopefully help you out! 

I looked in my cupboards and saw that I had 2 packages of vanilla pudding... Hey, that's something I can make! But wait...wouldn't that be kind of boring? After looking around the cupboards and opening the fridge a few times I found 3 things that could possibly work together and make something yummy. 


Vanilla pudding, yogurt, and mandarins. 

Here is what I did:

  • I made the pudding according to the directions on the box.
  • Stirred in the container of yogurt.
  • Peeled the mandarins and sprinkled on top.

Yup, that's it...So if you are ever in the same boat that I was in tonight, just remember those 3 sweet wonderful ingredients. Of course you could always substitute the mandarins for any other fruit you have at home or even different pudding flavors! Have a good weekend everyone! :)





1 comment:

  1. Wow what a really simple and easy to make dessert.
    Gotta try this.

    ReplyDelete