Title

Our Love Filled Life

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas





Is it weird that I have never in my life eaten a Quesadilla? I always see them on the appetizer menu's at restaurants but I always seem to pass by them and go right for the chicken fingers or nachos instead. I might rethink my choice next time considering my first Quesadilla experience was "mmm so good" !


I walked into the house after my oh so long day at work today and discovered there was a new "all you need is cheese" recipe magazine from Sobeys hidden underneath a pile of other mail. Considering I was in traffic for about 1 1/2 hours coming home today with not even a granola bar in the car or even some gum to nibble on, I was pretty happy to flip through this magazine and look for something new to make for dinner to fill this empty tummy of mine!

Just from seeing the picture with the salsa and the cheesy gooey goodness - I knew exactly what I was going to make tonight! Ben came home from work really hungry too so having to smell these sizzling away in the oven was torture for both of us! haha. I will definitely be making these again so I thought I would share this wonderful discovery with all of you!

Ingredients

Dipping sauce:

  • 1 cup (250 ml) salsa
  • 1/3 cup (80 ml) shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 2 tbsp sour cream
Quesadillas:
  • 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) leftover shredded cooked chicken
  • 2/3 cup (160 ml) salsa
  • 4 large flour tortillas 
(* I only used 3 tortillas because I figured 4 might be too much for just Ben and I * )

Preparation and Cooking


  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F 
  2. Combine salsa, cheese and sour cream for dipping sauce. 
  3. Combine cheese, chicken and salsa for filling.
  4. Divide filling over half of each tortilla. Fold unfilled half of tortilla over filled portion and press gently.
  5. Bake on nonstick baking sheet, turning once, for about 5-6 minutes per side or until golden brown.
  6. Cut into wedges and serve with dipping sauce. 








2 comments:

  1. Wow, that must have been delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey they look tastier than some restaurant ones I have seen.

    ReplyDelete